Justin has always been a clever little guy, and is developing a sense of humor that is so grown up. I have been on his case a little bit lately because if he is around, and I am critiquing something that Ethan is doing, Justin inevitably joins in and either repeats what I am saying, or pipes in with some follow-up comment. My response to Justin when he does this is that Ethan only needs one mother. After I say that, he leaves Ethan alone.
When we were at Scott’s work for trick-or-treating on Halloween, all of us but Scott were in his office passing out candy. I corrected something that Ethan did, and sure enough Justin joined in the correction. When I said my usual “Ethan only needs one mother”, Justin immediately came back with “I’m not his mother. I’m his mentor.” I wish I could come up with clever responses like that on the fly. Hmmm. I wonder if he had been practicing? It surprises me sometimes how quickly the kids are growing up and getting all clever on me. :)
When we were at Scott’s work for trick-or-treating on Halloween, all of us but Scott were in his office passing out candy. I corrected something that Ethan did, and sure enough Justin joined in the correction. When I said my usual “Ethan only needs one mother”, Justin immediately came back with “I’m not his mother. I’m his mentor.” I wish I could come up with clever responses like that on the fly. Hmmm. I wonder if he had been practicing? It surprises me sometimes how quickly the kids are growing up and getting all clever on me. :)
2 comments:
Very clever! It sure was fun to be in your home on Sunday and spend a little time with you.
That is hilarious.
Post a Comment