It isn't Halloween anymore, but here is a litte story about Ethan. One of his distinguishing characteristics is that he wears his emotions on his sleeve. If he is sad we all know it, and if he is happy we all know it because energy absolutely exudes from him.
We have so many Halloween costumes now, that I decided I did not want to spend any money on them this year. Scott just pulled the costume box down about two weeks before Halloween, the kids looked through it, and they all found something they liked enough to wear. Ethan was a little pickier than Lindsey and Adam, and looked and looked through the box. At one point, he had on a Jedi robe, Batman’s belt, and knight gloves so that he could be a secret agent, but still did not seem quite satisfied. He did wear that costume to our Lewis Halloween party though. During the party Aunt Angela and Staci did some face painting. When I saw Ethan after a little while, I noticed that he had a big silver and blue “Y” on his forehead and nose. When we got home from the party that night, Ethan got this excited look on his face and said that he finally knew what he was going to be for Halloween – a BYU fan! It was fun to see him come to that conclusion on his own, and then to be so exuberant about it too. Ethan is a happy gift in our home.
We have so many Halloween costumes now, that I decided I did not want to spend any money on them this year. Scott just pulled the costume box down about two weeks before Halloween, the kids looked through it, and they all found something they liked enough to wear. Ethan was a little pickier than Lindsey and Adam, and looked and looked through the box. At one point, he had on a Jedi robe, Batman’s belt, and knight gloves so that he could be a secret agent, but still did not seem quite satisfied. He did wear that costume to our Lewis Halloween party though. During the party Aunt Angela and Staci did some face painting. When I saw Ethan after a little while, I noticed that he had a big silver and blue “Y” on his forehead and nose. When we got home from the party that night, Ethan got this excited look on his face and said that he finally knew what he was going to be for Halloween – a BYU fan! It was fun to see him come to that conclusion on his own, and then to be so exuberant about it too. Ethan is a happy gift in our home.
2 comments:
What a cutie! We sure think he is a gem.
It is so fun to get to know your children a bit better!
Post a Comment