Wednesday, December 24, 2008
Christmas memory
I was thinking tonight about which Christmases were memorable from my younger years, and remembered the Christmas when I was 15. It had been a sad year - Michael had just passed away in August, so just David, Nathan, and I were living at home. (Angela, Bruce and Staci had just moved to Texas, Alison, Quin, and Andrew had just moved to California, Matthew started his Freshman year at BYU, and Valerie had gone back to Utah State. I think that information is right anyway. It seemed like we had a lot of people leaving all at once.) The house had been really quiet, so I was so excited for the Christmas break when Matthew and Valerie would be home, and we found out that Alison, Quin, and Andrew were coming to be with us on Christmas too! We were so giddy! I remember driving around Salt Lake on Christmas Eve to look at Christmas lights, then we came home and danced to that silly record with "I'm Morris the Moose" and "Chris, Chris, the Christmas Tree" on it while we waited for the Soderquists to come. My memory is that it was almost midnight when they arrived, that we were just loud and so happy to see them, and that poor little 7-month-old Andrew was sick. I honestly don't remember much of anything after that, but the anticipation of knowing that they were coming was Christmas enough.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Christmas is definitely better with family isn't it.
I totally remember that Christmas and can picture in my mind dancing in the Family Room to those old Christmas favorites. I can also remember waiting for Alison and that cute little baby, Andrew, to arrive. Thanks for reminding me of those happy times.
Post a Comment