Here is one of the new recipes I have tried lately. I got it from our former ward's cookbook, from a nice lady named Kim. :) It is basically a chocolate cake, but the zucchini in it makes it moist, and I thought the topping was tasty too. You sprinkle chocolate chips, brown sugar, and nuts (if you want) on top instead of frosting. We liked it -
Ingredients:
1/2 cup milk
2 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
1/2 cup oil
1/2 cup butter, softened
2 cups finely grated zucchini
1 3/4 cups sugar
1 tsp. baking soda
4 1/2 Tbs. cocoa
1 tsp. salt
2 1/2 cups flour
1 tsp. baking powder
3/4 cup chocolate chips
3/4 cup nuts
3/4 cup brown sugar
Directions:
Combine first 6 ingredients. In a separate bowl combine dry ingredients. Add dry ingredients to cremed mixture. Place in 9 X 13 baking dish. Combine chocolate chips, brown sugar, and nuts, sprinkle on top of the cake. Bake at 350 for 40-45 minutes.
Yummy!
3 comments:
Yippee, I am going to try it. I have zucchini in the fridge right now!
Doesn't it kill you to buy zucchini from the store when you know that all those Taylorsville neighbors have it coming out of their ears in the summer? Big, huge, baby size zucchini. I look at $1.68 a pound and cringe every time. But I do it, because my kids LOVE it!
That's impressive to me that you don't have to disguise the zucchini from your kids at all by grating it up into teenie, tiny pieces. :)
My mouth is watering. Maybe Wendy will make some.
Post a Comment