Thursday, February 12, 2009

Ethan's baptism


It was so great to see Ethan baptized a few weeks ago. Every time I saw him during the day - waiting for Scott to help him with his tie in the morning, sitting in the Relief Society room waiting to be baptized, playing with cousins at our house after the baptism - he had a big smile on his face. I think he really liked that people would gather just for him, and I hope he also felt the importance of what he did. He is a good boy. It was another one of those days where I felt such gratitude to have him in our family. I also felt some awe that Heavenly Father would trust Scott and me with Ethan's little soul. It makes me want to do better at showing him and the other kids that I love them. I remember a talk from Women's Conference a few years ago where the speaker said that we needed to show our love for our children because that is how they learn about Heavenly Father's love for them too.


As I was sitting in the audience during the baptismal service, I felt a little emotional because Dad and Wendy could not be there. The thought came to me though that although they could not be there, Mom could be there. I hope that she is still able to be a part of our lives from time to time. I am grateful not only for people on earth who love us, but also for people who are in the spirit world who continue to love and care for us too.

1 comment:

kimberly said...

I always love his smile but today it was particularly radiant and made me feel such joy every time I looked at him.